Multiply is a new government-funded programme to help adults across the UK to improve their numeracy skills.
Having good numeracy skills can help you:
- unlock new job opportunities or progress in work
- earn higher wages
- take the next step to higher levels of training for example, in England, an apprenticeship or level 3 qualification (equivalent to A levels).
Boosting your numeracy abilities can also help with everyday tasks like understanding bills and budgeting.
Whether you’re looking to boost your numeracy skills to progress at work or to help with daily tasks, Multiply could be the next step in unlocking your potential.
Check your numeracy level
Our short quiz will help you to understand where you might want to brush up on your numbers.
There are 6 multiple-choice numeracy questions, it will take around 5 minutes to complete and you may use a calculator if you wish. The quiz will also help explain how to get to the correct answer.
There will be 100s of free courses available covering a wide range of numeracy skills, from courses for beginners to more advanced courses. Our numeracy courses will include:
- classroom-based courses, including part-time and evening, to help you gain a qualification
- courses designed to increase confidence with numbers as the first step towards a qualification
- programmes delivered together with employers including on-demand online tutorials
- guidance and support that puts maths into everyday, relatable, context
The Multiply digital platform will be available later this year across the UK, and has been designed to be flexible and on-demand, so you can fit learning around your life or other commitments.
Whether you want to boost your skills online or in-person, there will be something to suit you.
Free – Multiply is fully-funded by the government
You will be eligible for Multiply if you:
- are aged 19+
- live in the United Kingdom
- do not have a GCSE in maths at grade C (equivalent to grade 4 or CSE grade 1), or an equivalent qualification.
Classroom-based courses and advice will vary depending on your local area.
How to Apply:
Multiply will be launching this year. You can sign up to be the first to know when Multiply launches.
In the meantime, there are several options for you to explore to help improve your numeracy skills.
If you’re in England, you can search for numeracy courses available now through Find a Course.
Essential Skills – Numeracy:
Multiply is offered in addition to the existing free essential numeracy learning for adults in England who do not have a maths GCSE at grade C or above.
These qualifications will help you gain the numeracy skills you need for work and are recognised by employers.
Find out more about essential numeracy skills qualifications.